Surviving Winter Break
Here's your chance to teach your family the value of an active lifestyle! When the mid-point of winter break has your kids feeling a bit stir-crazy, join them in burning off some energy. Not only is it good for your body and mind, but it sets a great example for your kids of the ways to stay healthy throughout life.
Tackle the rest of break with these activities:
- Hiking. Take advantage of unseasonably warm temperatures and enjoy nature trails with the family.
- Jumping. Head to a trampoline or bounce center for an afternoon -- and join the kids in the fun!
- Skating. Enjoy the great outdoors on ice! Head to a local outdoor rink for family fun. Bring along a wireless speaker to add tunes to your skating party.
- Walking. Take your dog on a family walk, rather than just sending him out into the yard.
- Stretching. Seek out a family yoga class, and find some zen.
- Playing. Visit your local park. Even if it's just for short bursts of time in cold weather, it's good for everyone to spend time outdoors.