The Perfect Combo
Holy Guacamole! There are a lot of guacamole recipes floating around out there, but registered dietitian Molly Sleger has one that she swears by. This one comes from the “What’s Gaby Cooking” recipe book and is loaded with health benefits including fiber, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals.
The secret to this one, Molly says, is the combination of both the lime AND lemon. So whip up a batch and enjoy National Guacamole Day!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.