More than Pumpkin Pie
Don’t trick yourself into missing out on this treat! The classic Halloween symbol – a pumpkin – is also a terrific way of bringing nutrients to your body! Pumpkins are low in calories but packed with vitamin A and antioxidants. It’s particularly good for weight and cholesterol control, and is known to help maintain skin and eye health.
Here are a few fun ways to enjoy your pumpkin this fall:
- Stew. Add pumpkin to your crock pot stew for a delicious dinner that’s ready when you get home.
- Ravioli. Of course, pumpkin is a delicious treat when stuffed inside of pasta pillows.
- Baked goods. Breads, muffins and pancakes that feature pumpkin are fun breakfast items on-the-go.
- Roasted seeds. Of course, a tasty snack are those fiber-filled pumpkin seeds!
- Soups. Don’t forget about those pumpkin leaves! They are fully edible and can be served in soup. Alternately, use the flesh to make a pumpkin soup flavored with cinnamon and apples.