Picnics are a great way to serve up summertime fun! We want your family to stay healthy during your picnics, so keep in mind these food safety tips anytime you’re taking your spread outdoors this summer.
- When grilling, check to make sure none of the bristles from your cleaning brush have lodged into your food.
- Cold foods can be kept on ice to help them stay good longer. But for both hot and cold foods, they should not be left out longer than two hours – one hour if the temperature is above 90 degrees.
- Marinate in the fridge, not on the counter or outside. Also, do not reuse a marinade unless you bring it to a boil first.
- Use fresh utensils. Don’t use platters or forks that touched raw meat on your cooked meat.
- Pack food into a separate cooler from drinks. That way, your food isn’t heating up each time someone opens the cooler for a new beverage.