A Healthy New Year
Trying to eat healthier in 2019? Start by setting realistic mid-year and year-end goals. Our registered dietitian Molly Sleger has some great tips to reach those goals.
- Eat more vegetables. Try participating in a Meatless Monday, plant a garden or join a co-op or CSA, or try to challenge yourself to try a new vegetable every month.
- Do a weekly meal prep, such as chopping vegetables on Sunday to eat throughout the week.
- Always keep a bowl of fruit on your table.
- Buy a cookbook and eat more meals at home.
- Never skip breakfast.
- Eat fish once a week.
- Pack a lunch for work.
- Increase water intake by carrying a reusable water bottle around with you throughout the day.
- Let your hunger guide your food choices and portions.
- Don’t reference specific foods as “good” and “bad.