Healthy Holiday Goodies
Step up your stocking game this Christmas! Many families are in the rut of filling stockings with candy, but that doesn't mean you can't change things up to reflect your healthy lifestyle. Here are a few things you can consider adding to the stockings hanging on your mantle this year:
- Nuts. Give them a snack-sized bag for on-the-go energy in the new year!
- Fruit. Go old-school with an apple or orange in the toe of their stockings!
- Protein bar. Try some particularly tasty new flavors!
- Dark chocolate. There's no reason you can't have a treat or two at Christmas! Make it heart-healthy with dark chocolate.
- Jerky. Packed with protein, today's jerky comes in a range of flavors.
- Green tea packets. Green tea is praised for a range of health benefits, from cancer prevention to regulating glucose levels.