Halloween Safety Tips
We all know not to eat homemade Halloween treats or candy that isn’t wrapped. But there are a few ways to stay safe on Halloween that you might not have considered. After all, children are twice as likely to be hit and killed by a car on Halloween than on any other day of the year.
Help keep your ghosts and goblins safe with these tips:
- Put electronic devices away and walk undistracted, with your head up.
- Cross the street at corners, using crosswalks.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers. If possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
- Use flexible props, made of rubber or plastic.
- All shoelaces should be double tied to avoid tripping in the dark