Gift for the Heart
Give your Valentine a gift even their heart will love! This might be the time of year when chocolate abounds, but there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with healthy treats, too. Get your creative juices going and try out one of these heart-healthy V-Day snacks:
- Strawberry rose bouquet. You don’t need to be a professional chef to slice a strawberry into a rose. Online videos will give you the scoop in no time. Cute and tasty!
- Heart veggie tray. Everyone thinks of heart-shaped pizzas and cookies at this time of year. But use a tiny cookie cutter to make your veggies heart-shaped, too! Try it with zucchini, carrots and bell peppers, among others.
- Heart fruit kabob. Use that same little cutter on melons, apples and bananas. Then line them up on a skewer for an adorable line-up of fruit hearts.
- Infused sparkling water. Cut out heart shapes from strawberries, then freeze them and add as ice cubes to a glass of sparkling water for a bit of extra flavor.
- Tomato tulips. Make flowers that are good enough to eat! Cut an X into the top of a baby tomato, then stuff it with cottage cheese and use a skewer to attach it to the stem of a chive.