Fireworks Safety Tips
Be careful when you celebrate the Fourth with a boom! Fireworks are a fun part of the Fourth of July holiday, but as more people set off their own fireworks, our medical providers see an increased number of explosive-related injuries.
We want you to stay safe while enjoying your fireworks this year, so consider the following tips:
- Only buy legal consumer fireworks from a licensed store, stand or tent.
- Always have a sober adult in charge of lighting fireworks.
- Keep children away from all fireworks, including sparklers.
- Always wear safety glasses when igniting fireworks.
- Never keep fireworks in your pocket.
- Keep water or a working garden hose nearby.
- Do not try to reignite one that didn't go off.