Drink to Your Health
Cozy up with a cup of tea and drink to your health! Research tells us that green tea has particularly impressive healing properties that improve your well-being. So whether your tea is served hot or iced, reach for a green tea packet to embrace some of these benefits:
- Cancer fighting. Green tea contains inflammation-fighting polyphenols, shown to lower cancer risks, particularly among breast, colorectal and prostate cancers.
- Brain boosting. Green tea contains caffeine and amino acids, the combination of which is shown to improve brain function.
- Fat burning. Studies show that green tea both burns fat and boosts metabolic rate.
- Age defying. Plan to drink green tea for many years to come, because the catechin compounds in green tea are believed to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – effectively keeping your brain young.
- Disease preventing. Green tea can improve insulin sensitivity while reducing blood sugar levels, potentially lowering your risk of Type 2 diabetes. It also can improve your cholesterol and boost the antioxidant capacity in your blood, both of which can prevent heart disease and stroke.