Ask the Right Questions
Get a better after-school dialogue going with your kids! If the only answer you get is “fine” when you ask about their day, you’re not alone. But it also means you aren’t asking the right questions. Here are five questions that are sure to draw more details:
- Who did you sit with at lunch? What did you talk about?
- What were your favorite and least favorite parts of the day?
- Tell me about a book you read today. What was it about?
- What did you do at recess and who did you play with?
- What will you be doing in class tomorrow?