5 Ways Good Friends Promote Good Health
Happy National Friendship Day! Grab your bestie and celebrate five ways that good friends also make for good health.
- Good friendships boost longevity, even more than close family relationships.
- Friends prevent loneliness, by offering companionship and purpose. That can actually reduce your blood pressure!
- Studies suggest that having strong relationships can boost your immunity.
- A good friend reduces your stress by helping you cope with trauma, from small troubles to major life changes.
- Healthy habits, such as exercising and good food choices, are promoted through our circles of friends.