5 Heart-Boosting Supplements
Good heart health isn't quite as easy as popping a pill. But there are a few nutritional supplements that can help!
It's always best to get nutrients through your diet, but here are a few heart-boosting supplements to consider. (And off course, talk to your doctor before taking any supplements – particularly if you have a history of heart disease.)
1. Fish Oil. Thanks to its omega-3 fatty acids, this can decrease levels of triglycerides by as much as 30 percent.
2. CoQ10. Studies show that supplemental CoQ10 might lower blood pressure.
3. Fiber, sterols and stanols. These can reduce the amount of cholesterol your body absorbs.
4. Garlic. This could lower blood pressure and lower your risk of blood clots.
5. Green tea. This could lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.