SwedishAmerican, a Division of UW Health, seeks a BE/BC pediatric surgeon to join our six-member surgical group. Practice includes neonatal/pediatric elective and call services at SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, IL, along with the opportunity to provide tertiary and quaternary care at UW Health American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, WI.
With a $130 million expansion of women’s and children’s services at SwedishAmerican including the creation of a Level III NICU, SwedishAmerican’s growing portfolio of pediatric services will provide a busy community-based practice with pediatric subspecialists affiliated with a major academic medical center.
As a teaching hospital, SwedishAmerican offers the opportunity to work with residents and medical students and the individual selected for this position will be eligible to apply for academic appointment as Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
This position offers highly-competitive compensation with salary guarantee, bonus incentives, with signing bonus/additional compensation negotiable. Comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Flexible insurance package with health, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous vacation and CME benefits
- Flexible retirement program with corporate contribution
- Professional society dues and association fees
- Interview and relocation expenses
- Academic appointments available with University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
- Award-winning health system provides wellness benefits, on-site day care, sick-child care, and concierge services.
Enjoy the low cost of living in our family-oriented community of 150,000 with quick access to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison. The Rockford area offers superb restaurants, theater, symphony, and museums, along with exceptional golf courses, endless bike trails, and an award-winning park district. Excellent private, parochial, and public school options including the Renaissance Gifted Academy with graduates ranked in the top 5% nationally.
For more information, please reply to email@example.com or call Jessica Marquez at (779) 696-7073. CVs may also be faxed with a cover letter to (815) 391-7240.