Insurance and Financial Information
Financial Counseling - Price Estimates
Contact Us: (779) 696-7150
SwedishAmerican, a Division of UW Health, can provide a price estimate—a prediction of what your future procedure or treatment will cost and how much you may be responsible for paying based on your insurance coverage.
An estimate is the predicted amount your medical services will cost you. This includes information on what total charges have been in the past for this same service, as well as, what your personal out of pocket costs could be based on your insurance benefits.
How accurate are estimates?
SwedishAmerican, a Division of UW Health, works hard to provide accurate estimates. However, it is important to understand that because of the personalized nature of healthcare, patient differences and the potential for unforeseen complications we cannot provide an estimate guarantee.
Factors that may alter your actual out of pocket costs include, but are not limited to the following:
- Variations to the services and codes estimated
- Receiving additional services not included in the estimate (i.e. additional labs, appointments, imaging)
- Receiving care at a different location than what was estimated
- Receiving healthcare services at SwedishAmerican a Division of UW Health or another healthcare facility between the date the estimate was created and your date of service (i.e. your remaining deductible may change over time
After your insurance company processes the claim, you will either be billed the remaining amount due or refunded any overpayment. If you have any patient balances for other dates of service, your overpayment will be applied to those balances.
Create Your Own Estimate
You can now create your own price estimate for common procedures and services. This feature is available for both MyChart and non-MyChart users. Click here to begin.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Listed below are the health insurance plans accepted by SwedishAmerican Hospital, SwedishAmerican Home Health Care and SwedishAmerican Medical Group clinics. This information is provided for general reference only, and is subject to change without notice. Please see the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
- Aetna Better Health – Medicaid MCO
- Aetna Better Health – Medicare Advantage\Dual Eligible
- Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO: Premier Advantra PPO, Elite PPO, Premier Plus PPO, Premier Advantra PPO, Value Advantra PPO, Premier Advantra PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO-POS: Advantra 2 HMO, Advantra 1 HMO-POS, Gold Advantage Prime HMO, Gold Advantage Value Prime HMO, Assure Gold Prime HMO D-SNP
- AARP Medicare Advantage Plans (administered by United Healthcare): AARP Medicare Advantage HMO-POS, AARP Medicare Advantage Choice PPO, AARP Medicare Advantage Walgreens PPO.
- Aspirus Arise Health Plan HMO\POS
- Aspirus Arise Medicare Advantage
- Beacon Health Options (Formerly Value Options)
- Beloit Health System Health Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice Preferred PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Incentive
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicaid MCO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PCN) Blue Precision HMO, Blue Advantage, HMOI
- Blue Cross Community Care Plan (BCCHP) Medicaid MCO
- Clear Springs (Medicare Advantage)
- Community Care Alliance of Illinois (CCAI), Medicare Advantage (acquired by Clear Spring)
- ECOH & Employers Coalition on Health: ECOH One, ECOH Two, ECOH 3, and Partner’s Health
- Employee Health System
- Employers Health Alliance Cooperative (The Alliance) PPO
- First Health (Part of Aetna/Coventry)
- Harmony: See WellCare Harmony
- Health Partners
- Health Payment Systems (HPS)
- HealthSmart (Formerly IHG and Preferred Plan, Inc.) PPO
- HFN, Inc. CHC, Tier 1, HFN 20, HFN 10, Payor or ID
- HFN, Inc. PPO
- Humana: Commercial HMO and PPO
- Humana (Medicare Advantage)
- iCare Medicare Advantage
- IlliniCare Medicaid MCO (effective 12.1.2020 Aetna Better Health Medicaid MCO)
- Illinois Breast and Cervical Care Program (IBCCP)
- Illinois Kid Care
- Illinois Medicaid/Public Aid
- Illinois Wise Woman Program
- JourneyCare Hospice
- Medicaid MCO
- Mental Health Network (MHNet)
- Meridian Public Aid HMO
- North Central Employers Healthcare Alliance (NEHA)
- Northern Illinois Hospice
- Physician's Care Network (PCN) See Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Quartz Health Resources, Quartz ASO, Partner's Health
- Quartz Senior Preferred Medicare Advantage
- Serenity Hospice
- Sheboygan Employee Health
- State of Illinois, Aetna QCHP, Tier 1
- State of Illinois, Aetna OAP Tier 1
- State of Illinois, Blue Cross Advantage HMO, Tier 1
- State of Illinois, HealthLink OAP (through HFN) Tier 2
- State of Illinois, HMO-I HMO, Tier 1
- State of Illinois(CMS), Teacher Retirement System(TRS), United Healthcare Medicare Advantage PPO
- Trilogy Healthcare Solutions
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance Corporation
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare Choice, Choice +, Options, Navigate, Core, Deere Premium, Heritage Premium, W500 Emergent Wrap
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage PPO
- Unity Hospice
- University of Illinois Medical Center’s CampusCare (Hospital Only)
- USA Senior Care Network Medicare Supplement
- Value Options: see Beacon Health Options
- Veteran Affairs Community Care Network (VACCN): administered by United Healthcare
- Veteran's Choice Program (V.A. VCP)
- WEA Trust
- Wellcare - Harmony
- WPS, participating
- Zing Health Care of Michigan – Medicare Advantage
No Surprises Act
When you get emergency care or get treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center, you are protected from surprise billing or balance billing. For more information about your rights and protections against medical bills, please see the disclosure notices under Documents that explains surprise billing (sometimes called "balance billing") in more detail.
Information last updated January 3, 2021.
The information on this website is provided for general reference only and may not be relied upon as a primary source for any reason. This information is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind. SwedishAmerican undertakes no duty to update or amend this information. Nothing in this website may be construed to expand or otherwise modify in any way the contractual relationship, if any, between you, SwedishAmerican, and the payors listed herein.