SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center to Host National Cancer Survivor Day Event, June 9
SwedishAmerican’s Regional Cancer Center’s mission is to provide compassionate, supportive, comprehensive cancer care for our community. The Center does just that and is honored to host National Cancer Survivor Day event on Saturday, June 9 from 1 – 4 PM. All cancer survivors and their families are invited to join us for a special survivorship celebration at the Regional Cancer Center, 3535 North Bell School Road, Rockford.
The day will be filled with hope, inspiration and friendship and will feature a variety of activities including:
• Enjoy a visit from the SwedishAmerican Caring Canines and SAM the dog
• Participate in flower arranging and craft projects
• Listen to speakers throughout the day, including Kerry Kline, Lori Kline, Alane Curry and Deb Schwarze
• Receive a facility tour featuring art installations
• Visit educational booths featuring the American Cancer Society, Katy’s Angels, Pink Heals Association, Livestrong, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and SwedishAmerican Oncology Rehab
• Enjoy light snacks and refreshments
“The event is geared towards the whole family, to celebrate their loved ones survivorship and visit with others who went through the same journey as they did,” said SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center Counselor and Art Therapist Deb Schwarze. “Battling cancer is one of the hardest things one will go through in a lifetime so we look forward to this event and celebrating those whose lives have been touched by cancer.”
For more information on SwedishAmerican’s Regional Cancer Center Survivor Day event, call (779) 696-9376.