SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center to Host The Healing Power of Nature Event, September 6
As summer wind downs, the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center invites you to attend The Healing Power of Nature event on Thursday, September 6 from 2:30 – 7:15 PM at, 3535 North Bell School Road, Rockford. The event offers a relaxing time of healing along with nature based activities. All programs and times are listed below:
• 2:30 – 3:30 PM - SwedishAmerican Integrative Medicine and Family Physician Dr. Srivani Sridhar will present a workshop on Healing Environments. FREE to all participants.
• 3:30 – 4:30 PM – SwedishAmerican RN and Board Certified Holistic Health Nurse Jane Greenlee will present nature influenced guided imagery and relaxation techniques. These skills are beneficial to those who are stressed, experience sleep difficulties or just want to learn how to relax more. FREE to all participants.
• 4:00 – 5:30 PM – Michelle Cox, Master Gardener with the University of Illinois Extension Office, will lead a hands-on workshop in creating an indoor succulent garden. Participants will leave the workshop with a garden they created themselves. Cost is FREE for all current Regional Cancer Center patients and $15 for community members. Pre-registration is required by August 30. Call (779) 696-7081.
• 5:30 PM – Sunset – Participants are encouraged to walk the labyrinth and stroll through the Regional Cancer Center healing gardens while learning photo tips from Rockford area nature photographers and listening to guitarist Tim Shaffer. Bring your own camera and/or smartphone. FREE to all participants.
• 6:00 – 7:15 PM – Bethany Stiltner, ATR-BC will host Drumming Down the Sun, a wellness drumming event that will help participants get back into their natural groove of rhythmic breathing, guided meditation and meditative drumming. Experience the healing impact of sound through vibration of drums, shakers, chimes, wood instruments and vocal toning. Cost is FREE for all current Regional Cancer Center patients and $10 for community members.
Pre-registration is required by September 4. Call (779) 696-7081.
To learn more about The Healing Power of Nature event, call Katy’s Place at the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center at (779) 696-7081.