SwedishAmerican to Host FREE Heart Care Ask the Experts Program and Open House
On Monday, February 5 at 5 PM, SwedishAmerican will host Heart Care Ask the Experts, a FREE event about keeping your heart healthy, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road in Rockford.
Attendees can arrive at 5:00 PM to register and browse informative heart care exhibits. At 6:00 PM, SwedishAmerican President & CEO Dr. Michael Born will provide an update on SwedishAmerican. Following Dr. Born, keynote speaker Lisa McDowell, MS, RD, CSSD will present “Code Blueberry:” Let Food Be Your Medicine. Directly following, our expert panel will discuss the latest innovations in heart care and answer questions from the audience. The panel of experts includes:
• Dr. Kendall Boone, Vascular Surgeon at Rockford Vascular Surgery at SwedishAmerican
• Dr. John H. Braxton, Cardiothoracic Surgeon at SwedishAmerican Heart Institute
• Dr. Ravi Dhingra, Cardiovascular Medicine at UW Health
• Dr. Mazen Hadid, Interventional Cardiologist at SwedishAmerican Heart Institute
• Dr. John Kaminski, Electrophysiologist at SwedishAmerican Heart Institute
• Mary M. McNamara, APN, Family Medicine and Holistic Health at SwedishAmerican Woodside Clinic
• Dr. Daniel Retzer, Family Physician at SwedishAmerican Davis Junction Clinic
• Dr. Rehmat U. Sheikh, Interventional Cardiologist at SwedishAmerican Heart Institute
Admission is FREE. Light refreshments will be served and everyone will receive a gift. To register, visit https://tinyurl.com/HeartCare18 or call HealthConnect at (779) 696-7081.
In addition, the SwedishAmerican Heart Institute is hosting a FREE open house on Thursday, February 15 from 11 AM – 1 PM at 1340 Charles Street, #300, Rockford.
SwedishAmerican is pleased to welcome several new providers to the Heart Institute, offering services for patients with coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We have undergone extensive renovations and invite the community to tour our spacious and comfortable clinic, including 20 exam rooms, X-ray and lab.
Attendees will be able to tour the facility; enjoy heart healthy snacks and refreshments; receive giveaways and enter to win an iPad Mini; watch hands-on CPR and AED demonstrations and meet our doctors, surgeons, nurses and staff from SwedishAmerican and UW Health. FREE valet parking also will be available.
To learn more, call the SwedishAmerican Heart Institute at (779) 696-5888.