SwedishAmerican Awards 10 Scholarships to Associates’ Children
SwedishAmerican is pleased to announce it has awarded 10 one-year $1,000 scholarships to children of SwedishAmerican associates. The Associates’ Children Scholarship Program is designed to assist children of SwedishAmerican associates pursue higher education.
To be considered for the scholarship, each applicant submitted an application, written essay, ACT scores, class rank, official school transcript, completed applicant appraisal, a personal letter of recommendation and a copy of his or her letter of acceptance.
“Our Associates’ Children Scholarship Program is just one more example of how SwedishAmerican is working to positively impact our associates and community,” said Jerry Guinane, vice president of Human Resources at SwedishAmerican. “We are pleased to again offer the scholarships to a deserving group of individuals. Congratulations to all of the recipients for this outstanding achievement.”
The 2018 scholarship recipients are:
• Renee Chanthalangsy, daughter of Souksady, Laboratory Scientist, Regional Cancer Center. Renee is a freshman majoring in Bio Chemistry at Northern Illinois University.
• Emma Harper, daughter of Katherine, RN, Radiation Oncology. Emma is a freshman majoring in Biology/Pre-Med at Augustana College.
• Lauren Holder, daughter of Michelle, Access Service Manager, Patient Registration. Lauren is a freshman majoring in Biology at the University of Illinois.
• Colin Kaecker, son of Jennifer, RN, Pediatrics. Colin is a freshman majoring in Bio-Chemistry at University of Kansas.
• Hunter Luke, son of Rachael Hartman, Vascular Ultrasonographer, Rockford Vascular Surgery. Hunter is a freshman, majoring in Radiologic Technology at North Iowa Area Community College.
• Ryan McKnight, son of Kathy, RN, Cath Lab. Ryan is a senior majoring in Psychology at Luther College.
• David Perian, son of Jeanne, Health Coach, BetterLife Wellness. David is a freshman majoring in Nursing at UW Oshkosh.
• Olivia Sawyer, daughter of Tricia, Supervisor, Pediatric & Speech Therapy. Olivia is a freshman majoring in Pre-Med at Augustana College.
• Kelsey Walker, daughter of Shirley, Medical Receptionist, Belvidere Clinic. Kelsey is a senior majoring in Nursing at Illinois State University.
• Morgan Zellner, daughter of Tracey, Medical Receptionist, Neuro & Headache Center. Morgan is a senior majoring in Health Information Management at Illinois State University.