SWEDISHAMERICAN ANNOUNCES EXPANDED VISITOR GUIDELINES
SwedishAmerican has announced it has expanded visitor guidelines effective February 16.
SwedishAmerican recognizes the importance of family presence and engagement to promote holistic patient health and well-being. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, limitations to hospital visitors have been put in place in order to minimize transmission to others. As circumstances change we will continue to modify the guidelines. We remain committed to supporting family presence and participation of those who are essential to the care of the patient while continuing to minimize avoidable exposure to COVID-19 whenever possible. Our hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
For Non-COVID-19 Patients - One designated adult visitor per day upon passing our entry screening
Pediatric/NICU patients - two designated adult visitors upon passing our entry screening
• must screen negative for fever and be asymptomatic of COVID-19 related symptoms
• wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers the nose and mouth
• practice social distancing (remain 6 feet from others)
• wash hands when entering and exiting patient care areas
• leave the facility as soon as the visit is over
• may be asked to leave if social distancing cannot be maintained or if expectations are not being followed.
Modifications in these guidelines will be made in collaboration with the clinical team for special circumstances, for example persons at end-of-life, persons with developmental or cognitive impairment.
For COVID-19 Patients or Persons under Investigation - Visitor restrictions remain in place. Modifications will be made in collaboration with the clinical team for special circumstances, for example persons at end-of-life, persons with developmental or cognitive impairment.