Media inquiries are received weekdays between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM at:
- Emily Tropp
For urgent requests after hours, please call the hospital operator at (779) 696-4400 and ask to have the on-call Public Information representative paged.
PATIENT CONDITION REPORTS:
Between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, all inquiries from the news media concerning a patient's condition must be referred to the Public Information department. At any other time, inquiries should be directed to the Nursing Supervisor, who is available by dialing (779) 696-4400 and speaking with the hospital operator.
Following American Hospital Association guidelines, SwedishAmerican uses the following one-word descriptions of a patient's general condition:
- Undetermined - Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Please note that HIPAA privacy laws prevent us from providing additional patient information. Also, in some cases patient or family requests prevent us from providing information or even confirming whether or not someone is a SwedishAmerican patient.