Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the advantage of performing a hands-on, one-on-one, “old fashioned” physical exam on your patient.
- Discuss the advantages of the bedside chat and listening to the patient’s impression of what is wrong.
- Describe the treatment modalities that provide relief from symptomatic peripheral vascular disease.
- Identify new treatment options that improve quality of life in patients who experience peripheral vascular disease.
- Discuss current trends in diabetes research findings that support new trends in patient care and treatment.
- Describe the procedure for catheter-based cryoablation.
- Identify cardiac catheterization and surgical cases where Impella use is indicated.
- Delineate potential complications and nursing care implications for patients receiving support from the Impella device.
- Explore the therapeutic role that humor can play to combat stress and increase productivity.