School of Radiography | Student Learning Outcomes
Through excellence in education and a quality-focused environment, we provide our healthcare community with competent and compassionate radiographers.
Goal: Graduate Competent Radiographers
Goal: The student will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- The student will produce competent radiographs
- The student will practice radiation protection for the patient, him or herself and others.
Goal: The student will practice effective communication skills.
- The student will determine the need to modify standard procedures to accommodate patient condition and other variables.
- The student will adapt exposure factors for various patient conditions, equipment, accessories and contrast media to maintain appropriate radiographic
- The student can evaluate radiographic images for appropriate positioning and image quality and make appropriate adjustments to obtain a diagnostic
Goal: The student (graduate) demonstrates the values and ethics of a radiographer.
- The student can communicate effectively with radiologists, radiographers and other healthcare professionals.
- The student can obtain a pertinent patient history and educate the patient about the procedure.
- The student uses computers to communicate and to record data and patient information
Goal: The SAH School of Radiography will provide our healthcare community with radiographers.
Goal: The SAH School of Radiography will provide our students with diverse up-to-date resources and services.
- The student applies the values and ethics expected of a radiographer.
- The student provides compassionate care to all patients
- SAH School of Radiography will provide learning resources that assure student knowledge in the field of radiography
- SAH School of Radiography maintains student services that are sufficient to assure that the student has a means of meeting their needs while attending the school of radiography.